Copenhagen Architecture Festival (CAFx) is an annual festival with departments in Aarhus, Aalborg and Odense (VAT DK 30543947) called Aarhus Architecture Festival, Aalborg Architecture Festival and Odense Architecture Festival. The festivals are committed to the protection of personal data shared with us or in our possession.
The purpose of our Data Policy below is to inform you of which data we collect, how and why we collect it, and what we do to protect your data. If you have any questions regarding our Data Policy, feel free to contact us.
Why do we collect personal data?
Personal data is information such as name, address and email. CAFx collects and process personal data with the following purposes:
- To administer your subscription to our newsletters in order for you to receive news about our activities, offers, surveys and other activities related to CAFx. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list anytime by clicking “Unsubscribe” in the bottom of any newsletter.
- To be able to process ticket sales (payment and delivery of tickets) and to notify you in case of changes or cancellations.
- To improve our website, www.cafx.dk. We collect personal data about the use of the website to develop the navigation and content of the website to facilitate the interests and needs of our visitors.
- To understand our audiences and clients, and their interests. In certain cases, CAFx may develop statistic summaries to describe the festival’s audience and activities to potential sponsors and advertisers. These summaries do not contain personally identifiable data.
Which types of data do we collect?
CAFx collects personal data that may include the following:
- Personal data such as name and email when you sign up for our newsletters.
- Personal data such as name, profession, email, phone number, when you submit a film.
- Personal data handed to us in relation to competitions and surveys. This may include name, email, phone number and your answers to a possible survey. This information may be used for analysis and the targeting of future festival activities.
- Personal data exchanged such as name and phone number when exchanged with a third party, in case we need to obtain information in order to book tickets for you.
- Images and videos in which you may appear in relation to your participation in the festival’s activities.
- We register cookies and information such as IP address, operating system, browser type, geography when you access our website www.cafx.dk. The data is used to improve the user experience of our website through Google Analytics. The statistical data is used exclusively in the form of summaries, for example to see which pages and browsers are used most frequently.
- Personal data which you leave with us when you apply for a job, an internship or as a volunteer, or in other ways contact us by phone or email.
How do we collect and process your data?
CAFx only collects and process data which you have permitted us to use by agreeing to our Data Policy through signing up for our newsletter, submitting a film or in other ways engage with the festival.
CAFx may also process your personal data to pursue legitimate interests such as optimizing our activities and offers, improve our website, and to reply to calls and emails we receive from you.
CAFx may also collect personal data such as photos and videos taken at the festival’s screenings, events and other activities. As described above, cookies used at our website www.cafx.dk for the purpose of improving the user experience of the site as well analyzing the preferences of its users.
Who receives your data?
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations, CAFx may in certain cases exchange your personal data with the following parties:
- Web companies and other parties approved by CAFx to administer the festival’s data.
- Public institutions if required by law.
- If your personal data is transferred to third parties in countries outside the EU/EEA (for example a server park or another IT company) CAFx will make sure that the transfer fulfils all legal requirements.
How do we protect your personal data?
CAFx saves your personal data in a safe and confidential way in password-protected databases to which only a limited number of the festival’s relevant employees have access. Employees at CAFx are trained in respecting your personal data, and the staff members who have access to our databases are obliged to process the data in accordance with our Data Policy.
Cookies are small data files stored on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies contain information which is accessible to the webserver of the domain which issued the cookie, i.e. the website will remember you the next you visit it.
2 types of cookies exist: Temporary ones and permanent ones. Temporary cookies are deleted when you close your web browser. Permanent cookies are information units that are stored on your computer until they are either actively deleted or delete themselves after a set period of time. Permanent cookies are renewed every time you visit a website again. CAFx uses both temporary and permanent cookies.
Please note that links appear on our website, www.cafx.dk to other sites that are not included in our own Data Policy.
What are your rights?
CAFx employ a number of security measures to protect your personal data and to secure your rights as a registered used. In relation to our processing or your personal data, you can always make use of the following rights:
- The right to insight into your personal data in our records.
- The right to correct your personal data in our records.
- The right to have your personal data deleted from our records.
- The right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- The right to decline the processing of your personal data.
If you have agreed to the processing of your personal data, for instance by signing up to our newsletter, you may withdraw your agreement any time, after which our processing of your data will cease. If you submit a film, apply for an accreditation or in other ways engage with the festival, you may request us to delete your personal information in our possession by contacting us via the email below.
This does not include data which we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal or security-related matters.
If you have any questions regarding CAFx’s processing of your personal data, or if you disagree to the way your data is handled by the festival in, please contact us at email@example.com.
You also have the option of complaining to the Danish Data Protection Agency, which is the official institution in Denmark to supervise companies’ handling of personal data. Contact information is available at www.datatilsynet.dk.
CAFx claims the right to change and update our Data Policy without notice, for instance when called for by general legal changes. We recommend that you keep oriented about such changes.
You accept our Data Policy when visiting www.cafx.dk and when you make use of our services (newsletters, the submission of films, etc.)